Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Getting past the emotional block of blogging


I had been planning to have a blog since a long time. In fact I almost had one, some two years ago. But being a private, bottled up person that I am, I was overly concerned with the privacy settings. I didn’t want my thoughts or writings to be pried upon. I thought that they were very personal, precious, and hush hush. But in reality, when I was thinking of all these things, I failed to realize that I was thinking about sharing my emotions, not my thoughts and ideas. Maybe that came from my habit of writing a diary only/mostly about such things. I would journal only when I would either be too happy about something and I wanted to record it, or too upset/stuck in a situation where, writing it down offered me either consolation or would help me put the pieces of the puzzle together and enabled me to find a solution to my problem/situation. So, I would spend less time in writing and more in worrying about people that would get their hands on my writing.
But, I can not only not live without writing, thinking, creating, but also, not without sharing and connecting, because at the heart of hearts I am a people’s person. So, I decided to have a blog…a blog in which I would share just information, a detached discussion of a subject. I started another Blog! Although, the article I was writing would have been of value to a lot of people, but that calculated emotional detachment, took all the passion out of it. And one sad thing about the creative and sentimental people is that, if they are not passionate, they are capable of doing a sloppy job in something even ridiculously simple. So, I had the word document of my first post to this blog, sitting in its infancy for a long long time. All the researched material was there, it just needed to be put in order and to be given a few finishing touches. But that never happened either. I didn’t have any motivation. Why? Because, I had been trying very hard to keep myself out of the equation.
Well, with age and experience, I have become sort of a more open person. So, I thought of starting a blog, where, besides sharing the information, I would also let myself loose, let me do a little dance around, get out there and connect with people. Actually, looking back at my life, I had so many embarrassing moments in my life, that another one wouldn’t harm my reputation all that much :). And if worst comes to worst, I can always delete the post in order to check the further damage.
So, here I am guys….all ready to share, tell, discuss, argue (if needed ;)). Please be supportive and encouraging when I do a bad job, and a little tolerant when worse.

Time taken in writing this blog: 20 mins
Satisfaction level: Very low (but posting it anyways:))

1 comment:

  1. Finally, finally, finally!
    I know you need to write like van Gogh needed to paint.
    Let this me your motto in writing: "To thine own self be true and it must follow as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."
    Looking forward to reading, debating, arguing and being entertained and informed "as close to the bone as possible."

    ReplyDelete